THE FIRST SERVE
• In search of its first dual match wins of 2022, the NM State women’s tennis team heads to Norman, Okla., for a pair of matches with one of the nation’s best in eighth-ranked Oklahoma. The teams are set to meet twice Saturday at the Headington Family Tennis Center.
• The Aggies and Sooners will square off at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. MT.
• Lisa Zhu (2-2) has claimed two of NM State’s five singles victories through the early stages of the team’s dual match season. She and Chloe Gavino are the owners of a perfect 2-0 mark in doubles action, too.
• Zhu and Harsha Challa are coming off a 6-4 win over Arizona’s top-flight doubles team of Midori Castillo-Meza and Salma Ziouti Monday at the NM State Tennis Complex.
• As a team, NM State is 5-22 in singles matches and 3-10 in doubles matches through dual meet play.
SCOUTING OKLAHOMA | ROSTER | SCHEDULE | STATISTICS
• The Sooners boast four of the nation’s top-125 ranked players. Layne Sleeth holes a ranking of 16th in the land from the ITA while Ivana Corley sits at 83rd. Emma Staker (101st) and Carmey Corley (105th) reside just outside the top 100 players in collegiate women’s tennis.
• Ranked eighth nationally, Oklahoma already has a pair of victories over top-25 opponents this season. The Sooner bested sixth-ranked Duke by a 4-2 score back on Sunday, Jan. 30. Oklahoma’s first ranked win of 2022 came when it scored a 4-3 home win over #23 Princeton on Jan. 18.
COMING UP NEXT
• Rivals from the Land of Enchantment will meet in Albuquerque on Saturday, Feb. 12, when NM State heads to New Mexico for a battle with the Lobos. First serve is set for 1:00 p.m.