Men’s Tennis | April 01, 2022
EUGENE, ORE.— Competing on the road for the first time since late February, the No. 13 USC men’s tennis team secured another Pac-12 win with a shutout victory at Oregon today. A swift doubles point was followed by two straight-set singles wins to move into position. At the No. 3 spot, Peter Makk had the winning stroke with a three-set comeback to clinch it at 4-0 for the Trojans. USC improves to 14-4 overall and goes to 4-1 in Pac-12 play with the win.
USC captured a speedy doubles point with a pair of 6-2 decisions on the top two courts. At the No. 1 spot, USC’s #17 Stefan Dostanic and Bradley Frye zoomed to victory over Oregon’s #25 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele. Soon after, Peter Makk and Lodewijk Weststrate notched their win over Kadiri/Keremedchiev on court two, and the Trojans were on through to singles with a 1-0 advantage.
Weststrate would stay in victory mode as he motored to a 6-2, 6-3 win on court five over Luke Vandecasteele to make it 2-0. A similarly swift finish came from Frye on court two, as the senior punched up a 6-4, 6-4 win over Quinn Vandecasteele to get USC ahead 3-0. The remaining matches were mostly playing out tighter affairs, however. On court three, Makk made a power move after dropping his first set to Ivailo Keremedchiev, and the freshman got the clincher in the books with his 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 comeback push to lock in the road win for the Trojans.
USC now journeys up to Seattle for another Pac-12 test. The Trojans will visit Washington for a noon battle on Sunday (April 3).
#13 USC 4, Oregon 0
April 1, 2022 | Eugene, Ore.
(1) #17 Dostanic/Frye (USC) def. #25 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele (ORE) – 6-2
(2) Makk/Weststrate (USC) def. Kadiri/Keremedchiev (ORE) – 6-2
(3) Jackson/Rubell (USC) vs. Matsushita/L. Vandecasteele (ORE) – 4-3 susp.
Order of finish: 1, 2
USC wins doubles point.
(1) #6 Stefan Dostanic (USC) vs. #79 Joshua Charlton (ORE) – 7-6 (6), 5-6 susp.
(2) #116 Bradley Frye (USC) def. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) – 6-4, 6-4
(3) #46 Peter Makk (USC) def. Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE) – 2-6, 6-3, 6-3*
(4) Ryan Colby (USC) vs. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE) – 6-7 (6), 4-5 susp.
(5) #73 Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Luke Vandecasteele (ORE) – 6-2, 6-3
(6) Paul Barretto (USC) vs. Avi Shugar (ORE) – 6-2, 5-2 susp.
Order of finish: 5, 2, 3*