Women’s Golf | April 24, 2022
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The La Salle women’s golf team concluded their season on Sunday afternoon, shooting a final round of 360 in the MAAC Championships.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- The MAAC Championships were held at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course in Lake Buena Vista, a longstanding host of the tournament.
- The par 72 course plays at its longest distance of the weekend at 6,079 yards.
- The MAAC Championships have nine teams and 45 individuals competing.
LA SALLE SCORECARD
- For the third consecutive day, Hannah Basler led the way for the Explorers. The sophomore finished with an 86 (+14) on the final round, shooting 244 (+28) on the tournament.
- Kayleigh Zeman shot a final round of 88 (+16), finishing second on the team with a 253 (+37).
- Grace Hickey finished one stroke off her round yesterday, carding a round of 89 (+17). Megan Ruffing and Libby Gillaland followed up with rounds of 97 (+25) and 105 (+33).
- Quinnipiac surged ahead of the field on the final round, overcoming a four-stroke deficit to start the round to take the MAAC Championships. Quinnipiac shot 299 (+11) on the afternoon, besting UAlbany’s score of 310 (+22).
- Leeyan Peralta of Quinnipiac took the individual title, shooting a 73 on the final round to go +1 on the day and +2 on the tournament. Peralta birdied the 18th hole to secure the title over her teammate Kaylee Sakoda, Claudia Blochliger falling to third after opening the day in the lead.